Insoluble Sulphur is a polymeric Sulphur, insoluble in Elastomers, that is used as a vulcanizing agent for unsaturated elastomers. Insoluble Sulphur is completely non-blooming.
Insoluble Sulphur improves processing:
- Prevents scorching
- Eliminates Sulphur bloom
- Ensures uniform dispersion
- Prevents Sulphur migration
- Facilitates optimum curing
- Preserves building-tack
- Improves rubber-to-rubber bonding
Insoluble Sulphur is available in different grades:
- Regular: Oil treated grades are insoluble in elastomers, they are completely non-blooming and are an ideal vulcanizing agent for unsaturated elastomers. They are particularly suitable for use in compounds where sulphur loading levels are required above the sulphur solubility rating of particular elastomers.
- DS OT 10
- DS OT 20
- DS OT 33
- High Stability: Offering a higher level of thermal stability, providing optimum resistance to Sulphur reversion at elevated temperatures. Furtermore, High Stability Insoluble Sulphur ensures more consistent vulcanizing properties and enhanced bloom protection.
- DS OT 10 HS
- DS OT 20 HS
- DS OT 33 HS
- Special: Enhanced to perform better and can be further customized to achieve specific results.
Insoluble Sulphur is particularly suitable for use in compounds with Sulphur loading levels above the sulphur solubility rating of particular elastomers. Insoluble Sulphur is used in the production of tyres, belts, hoses and other goods where long compound storage, prevention of premature vulcanisation, superior adhesion and use of various reinforcements are prerequisites.