Styrene Butadiene Styrene (SBS) or clear SBS is comprised out of blocks of Styrene and Butadiene. It is the material of choice as base material for various industry types like, footwear, adhesives, construction and thermoforming solutions. It is also used for the compounding and modification of bitumen/asphalt.
What are the benefits and features of Styrene Butadiene Styrene (SBS):
- Acts like vulcanized rubber without undergoing vulcanization
- Superior low-temperature characteristics
- Low compression set
- Good elastic properties
- Superior weather and chemical resistance
- Wide range of hardness values
- Easy to color and process
For which applications can Styrene Butadiene Styrene (SBS) be used?
- Asphalt modification (Roads & Roofing)
- Plastic modification